Offering Children’s Braces in Bakersfield, CA
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children see an orthodontic specialist no later than age seven. The permanent first molars and incisors have usually erupted by this time and the child can be evaluated for any overbites, cross bites, or crowding that may be present. Early orthopedic intervention guides growth and development and may prevent serious problems that may require jaw surgery.
Advantages of early orthodontic treatment:
- Reducing treatment time
- Increase self-esteem early
- Shorten/improve second phase of treatment
- Possibly eliminate the need for future jaw surgery
- Avoid permanent tooth extraction
- Correct abnormal speech or swallowing problems
- Alleviate thumb sucking habits
For more information on the benefits of orthodontic treatment and braces for children schedule a consultation for your child today. It’s absolutely FREE, and no referral is required!